Friday, December 31, 2010

Mug Mat aka Mug Rug





I found this really great coffee mug that I just loved and wanted to make a mug mat for it. A border print and some fat quarters in complimentary colors found their way into the card tricks block pattern. I'd never made that pattern before so it was a good way to try a new block.

It finished of about 8 1/2" by 12" so there will be plenty of room for a snack and what I end up using my mug mat for - - a place to park the cell phone.

This set is going out as a gift. I'm really happy with the way it all turned out.
Click on each of the pictures for a close-up view.

And another one using the same fabrics in the twister pattern that I got done just under the wire of 2010.  The foundation blocks were cut at 3 inches and the template was just a shade over 2 inches.  The Mug Rug turned out finishing at 8 1/4 inches by 11 3/4 inches for the entire piece.  The center 'twister' area ended up just under 7" X 7" so it shrunk up 5 full inches just in the pinwheel area!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment