The local economy shop was visited too because I didn't like the way some of the shirts I had played together.
These started out with 8 1/2" squares - 5 of them for each block. I saved the light shirt for the 'windows'. Each block was layered and quilted them up using my custom templates....That would be a cake-taker lid and a pie plate!! Just the right sizes and easy to place on the blocks.
Out of 6 shirts I got this whole front with most of the backs still whole - for another project. I used flannel for the backing on this one to make it extra cozy.
After cutting the squares that I needed from the shirts, I cut the rest (except the backs) into 2 inch strips that I used for the top and bottom border.
I started this quilt around January 22 and finished it tonight - so that's about 3 weeks total time to finish it. It ended up right at 55" X 75" which is what I always shoot for in this type of quilt.
All those cuffs, collars and button plackets were staring at me while this quilt was in progress. I knew I would have to do something with them.
This is at least a partial solution:
I'm thinking about those cuffs going around some drinking cups for insulation or just catching condensation..... someone shared this link with me: shirt-cuff-wallet
now - what do I do with shirt collars!