Sunday, June 8, 2008

My first finished quilt







I've been bitten by the quilting bug. Late last year I got the idea to make a quilt for the new grandbaby that would be born in February. With the help and guidance of my sis, we got it done. The mistakes are all mine - I learned a lot from this first project, but I must say that I only did the top piecing ( where all the mistakes are). My sis took it from there. She improved on the pressing and got it to the quilter. Then she finished it with the binding. Thanks so much Karen.....and writing all this - I realized I never even gave you credit on the label.

And here's the little sweetie and her quilt. Looks like she has room to grow into it....! The print is a Kansas State print where her mommy graduated from college - GO WILDCATS!!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blanket! It is sturdy enough for her to have "tummy time" on without it bunching up. Plus, she loves the different colors and designs! You should list the name of the design though, because I thought it was neat (I just can't remember what it is now). Love you and Thanks again!
    - Kayla

    ReplyDelete